- Are you grieving the loss of a spouse or family member?
- Has a marriage or relationship ended abruptly?
- Are you reeling from discovering infidelity?
- Has job loss left you without direction and feeling hopeless?
Grief therapy in our San Francisco counseling practice.
Grief and loss are the most shattering and life transforming occasions of our lives. The challenges you face may include:
- Depression: Are you having difficulty getting out of bed in the morning? Are you experiencing a lack of motivation for basic self-care or work? Are you feeling stuck in the looping thoughts of betrayal? Shutting down through depression and melancholy is a powerful self-protection that disrupts the course of your life and self-healing.
- Dissociation: Research shows that many incidences of traffic violations occur as a result of grief and loss. Our mind cannot stay focused to the issues at hand. We cannot stay grounded or present to our experience in the moment.
- Under or over eating: Grief is akin to an anxiety disorder. The increase in stress my trigger your self-medication through food binging or avoidance, leading to increased risks of health problems and lower self esteem.
- Alcohol or substance abuse: Escaping through self-medication may further detach you from your sources of support and negatively impact your life.
- Rebound relationships: Many people jump into new relationships to avoid being alone or escape experiencing the pain of their grief. Without understanding the old relationship patterns one is likely to repeat the destructive patterns in the new relationship and exchange one set of problems for another. Whichever situation represents your struggle, there is hope for a new life.
Healing From Trauma, Depression and Anxiety
More on Grief and Loss
Are you suffering from Depression?
Would help from a San Francisco Trauma Therapist be Helpful?
Have you been treated by a PTSD Counselor?
Do you suffer from Anxiety?
Have your relationships suffered from outbursts of Anger?